Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sparky the Dog

Jayden was a little reluctant to go to preschool this morning. She just wanted to stay home with mommy :) Why? I have no idea, because it's super boring around here, but she went and had a BLAST! The fire department came to visit and gave her some very useful information in case she is ever caught in a fire, oh I hope she never is! Stop, Drop and Roll. Never hide. Don't be afraid of the firemen. And get outside! She especially loved Sparky the dog :) Not real sure if their was an actual dog there, but she had a coloring page of a dog, named Sparky, and she took that coloring page every where today :)

I am supposed to pick up our Buddy Walk shirts tomorrow!!!!!! Oh, I hope they turned out awesome! I'm very nervous, since it's been a little bit of a stressful issue for me, but I'm sure they will be fine, and no matter what we are going to have an awsome walk! I believe our team count is up to 26 members and we have raised $1375 I do believe! They posted the top 5 money raisers and the #1 team raised over $11,000! That's is amazing! I'm super proud of what we've done this year and can't wait to do it again next year!

Individuals with Down syndrome have a higher incidence of certian medical conditions, as I've stated before. Heart Disease: Up to 50% of individuals with DS are born with congenital heart conditions. Alzheimer's Disease: Estimates vary, but it is reasonable to conclude that 25% or more of individuals with DS over the age of 35 will develop the clinical signs and symptons of ALzheimer's type dementia. Leukemia: Approximately one in every 100 individuals with DS will develop leukemia, or to put it another way, 99% of people with DS will not develop leukemia. The majorit of cases are categorized as acute megakaryoblastic leukemia, which tends to occur in the first three years of life, and for which there is a high cure rate. A transient form of leukemia is also seen in newborns with DS, diappearing spontangeously during the first two to three months of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment