Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is this week over with yet?

ahhh, sleep! what I look forward to every day :)

I'm ready for the weekend, I think? We have had so much stuff to do this week, away from home and I'm ready to go back to our regular routine! I started out today in a panic because I had Randy take Sophia's carseat apart last night to wash her stinky cover and forgot we had to take Jayden to school this morning. I had no idea how to get it back together, but after about 20-30 minutes I GOT IT!!! It may seem a little pathetic, but that's Randy's department and I was very proud of myself for figuring it out :) I thought I was going to have to call Jayden in absent from school. This afternoon was fabulous! Jayden and I spend our alone time together at the park, walking trails, playing on the playset and going for a walk. It was fabulous outside today! Things got a little hectic tonight since our occupational therapist came late and getting supper and baths and things ready for tomorrow. We have to go back up to Indy for a cardiology appointment in the morning and a feeding evaluation in the afternoon. It will be a long day at Riley and I'm happy my mom is here to stay home with Jayden for the day.
Randy is back to working 5 days and 10 hours a day, so he'll be home on weekends now, which is good for me because I could use a little help :) I am getting gray hairs by the minute around here :)

Now a little fact of the day for everyone; People with Down syndrome date, socialize, form ongoing relationships and marry(check out the video of Monica and David on our blog if you haven't already :) A lot of people think that just because an individual has Down syndrome they will only reach a middle school level of education and live at home or have to be taken care of by someone for the rest of their lives and this just isn't true in this day and age. People with Down syndrome are graduating from high school, some are going on to college, many hold jobs and live independently and some do go on to get married. The possibilities are endless, just like they are for any typically developing child.

No comments:

Post a Comment