It's so easy to forget how blessed we truly are. With lifes craziness and the stresses of day to day living, sometimes I let my good fortunes slip right past my mind. I have so many things in my life to be thankful for, and even though I am thankful all year round, this time of year just really makes me stop and think about all the blessings I have in my life.....
1. My children. My girls mean everything to me. They are the best things that I have ever done with my life. I am so thankful each and every day to have been able to be a mother....their mother.
2. My husband. He is my rock. He makes me feel safe and secure. I am thankful that he came into my life and has stood by me and loved me and supported me unconditionally all of these years.
3. My family and friends. I am thankful for the amazing support system that we have in our life. I have so many people that I can count on and would be there anytime we needed them.
4. Being a stay at home mom. The one thing in life that I've always known I've wanted to be and been the most passionate about, was being a mother. And I am so very thankful that I have been able to stay at home with my girls and watch them grow.
5. Randy's job. My husband works hard for our family. He was been very lucky to have kept a steady job since he started his career 9 years ago. He carries our family on his back financially, which is very hard to do most of the time, and I am very thankful for that.
6. A place to live and food to eat. As long as I can remember I've never been hungry and I've always had a place to live. I've never went days without food, or wondered where my next meal was going to come from, or went to bed in an unknown place, cold and scared. It's heartbreaking to hear of so many children, children that my kids go to school with, that don't know when they might eat again after they leave school.
7. My families health. Even though we have went through some unhealthy periods in life, some worse than others, I am thankful that right now, today, my family is healthy.
8. Understanding and compassionate strangers. In a world where everyone seems to be living in the fast lane and looking out for number 1, I'm thankful for those people who smile and say "hi!" to me when I walk by. I'm thankful for the person who holds open the door and patiently waits for me to walk through it. I'm thankful for the people who see the beauty in my youngest daughter and understand that her life is worth living.
9. Faith. I'm thankful for my belief in God. I don't go to church on Sundays or pray daily, but I believe that all good things come from up above. My faith has gotten me through some very difficult times in my life and I've come to realize that without my faith in God, I never would have made it.
10. My life. I'm thankful that my birth mother chose life for me. I'm thankful that my mom and dad gave me a life full of love. I'm thankful for the education I received and for the opportunities that I have been given to make me the person that I am today. I am thankful for the people who have been a part of my life, either for a short time or a long time, but who have helped me to grow as an individual. I am thankful to be right where I am today.