Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 2004....

.....I married my best friend.  It's hard to believe that it's only been 8 years since Randy and I got married, but maybe that's because we've actually been together for 13 long, but wonderful years.  It's a lot of work keeping a relationship strong and at least some what healthy, especially after you have kids.  All of your time and energy go into your children and what is happening in their lives, that it's so easy to push yourself, and your significant other to the back burner.  And in our world of crazy, like so many others too I'm sure, this happens A LOT! 

I saw this in a store this past weekend and thought it was very fitting for an anniversary post:

Marriage (noun)
The act of joining one life to another.  Body and soul.
 
Being Married (verb)
Saying  "will you forgive me?" more than "I forgive you."  Choosing to be reconciled over being right.  Halving burdens and doubling joys.  Knowing you are better together than apart.  Sharing laughter and tears - understanding some days love is a choice.  Investing in the friendship.  Saying "I love you" with actions.  Believing in "for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health."  Committing to "till death do us part."   
 
Randy and I don't see eye to eye on everything.  We disagree and get annoyed with one another quite regularly.  We are stressed and tired and overwhelmed with life a lot of days, but it always comes down to the fact that no matter how hard and demanding life is, we have each other.  Supporting one another no matter what and loving each other unconditionally.  Randy is my best friend.  He can always make me laugh and he has a way of making me feel like everything really is going to be okay, when I just can't imagine a light at the end of the tunnel.  I know that my life is complete because he's in it.  I feel blessed to have such an amazing man by my side and a terrific father for our two girls. 
 
Randy, I love you more today than I did 8 years ago.  You have proven to me over and over again that I'm exactly where I was meant to be.  You have loved me and supported me through a lot of rocky times.  You have seen my faults as a human being and you have continued to love me despite them.  I love you, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part.  Happy Annivserary!   
 
 
**Divorce rates in the United States are; around 40%-50% of first marriages end in divorce.  When you have a child with special needs, that percentage jumps up to around 80% of marriages end in divorce.  Caring for any child with special needs can sometimes mean more work and stress on a marriage.  I've read before that it takes a village to raise children and I believe that.  No matter how many times I almost kill myself trying to carry the load on my own two shoulders, I always realize that I just can't do it alone.  Randy and I together can't do it alone.  Luckily we have a great group of family and friends that we can count on to help us when the load gets to be a little too heavy.  And as much as I hate asking for help, for the good of my family and my sanity, you have to be willing to take the help when it is available to you.**   


No comments:

Post a Comment