Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Am Thankful For........

1. two happy, healthy little girls who make my life complete.

2. Randy. He is my soul mate and my best friend.

3. the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Although it is one of the

most stressful and demanding jobs I've ever had, it is also the most

rewarding.

4. Mt. Dew in the morning.

5. reality T.V. It makes me realize just how good we have it. :)

6. SpongeBob SquarePants.

7. great family and friends. They have been our biggest fans and greatest

support systems. We would be lost without each and every one of

them!

8. the power of prayer.

9. doctors, nurses, surgeons, hospitals, oxygen tanks, sleep monitors,

feeding tubes, therapists and the power of medicine.

10. a hug, a kiss and an "I love you!"

11. dark, cozy nights snuggling with my girl and watching a movie.

12. lazy, pajama wearing weekend mornings, watching cartoons and

laying in bed with the kiddos.

13. my freedom.

14. that ONE GREAT friend.

15. Steak and Shakes cherry cokes.

16. weekend mornings when I get to sleep in.

17. DVD players in the car.

18. those moments of silence and for the hours of chaos.

19. my husband having a job.

20. memories.

21. the opportunities I've been given in life.

22. the advances in medicine.

23. Down syndrome. I hate that my daughter has to work so hard to do a

lot of things that come so easy for "typical" developing children. I

hate that my daughter has to live in a world where people

are unaccepting of differences. I hate that my daughter will be

stereotyped by her diagnosis and not always given the chance to show

her true colors. BUT, I am thankful that because of Down syndrome I

have realized that there really is so much more to life than what I

knew before and for all of the great people I've met along the way.

24. my life. It may not be perfect or spectacular, but it's everything I've

ever dreamed for.

25. bedtime.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!






No comments:

Post a Comment