Friday, October 4, 2013

Flashback Friday

 
Sophia Grace was born June 6, 2009 at 3:50PM.  She surprised us 6 weeks early, weighing in at 5 pounds and 2 ounces.  These are some of the pictures from her first few days after being born....
 






 
It's crazy how easily these moments fall way back into my mind.  Sophia has been such a fighter from the very beginning and has amazed me time and time again.  She wasn't a healthy baby when she was born.  In fact, she had a lot of obstacles to overcome in her first 6-8 months of life.  But she came through even stronger, and has only continued to flourish over the past 3 years. 
 
Those first few months were some of the hardest for me.  Watching my baby go through so much and being distanced from the rest of my family a lot of the time....I never want to go back there.  But in the same breath, I never want to forget that time either.  Those times made me realize what's important in life.  It gave me a new perspective on things and made me incredible grateful for so much.  Sophia Grace, you have been such an inspiration to me and I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment