Thursday, April 14, 2011

Right planet, right child


I was reading this article the other day and it got me thinking about life and people and Sophia.  I see Sophia, just like I see Jayden, as ALMOST perfect.  Of course my girls have flaws, we all do, but they are as close to perfect as you can get, in my opinion, which tends to be a little biased. :)  I look at Sophia and always see Sophia first.  I never look at her and see Down syndrome first.  I sometimes wonder if people can look at her and see her different physcial characteristics yet, because to me that's just how Sophia looks, that's all I've ever known, and I think she is beyond beautiful!


I try not to let myself get caught up on the things that Sophia "should be doing" at 2 years old, and for the most part I don't.  I enjoy and celebrate everything that she accomplishes no matter how small it may seem to the "typical parent."  Sophia is already destined to be great, I truly believe that.  I don't know exactly what her future holds, but I know that she was sent here, to this crazy world, to do something spectacular and I'm just here to enjoy the ride with her.  I know that this world is far from perfect.  And I know that Sophia will be judged and teased and laughed at throughout her life, so was I, and Jayden will be too.  And that breaks my heart that my kids will have to go through parts of their life where they aren't accepted by certain people, or that their feeling will be hurt by ignorance, but MY GOALS for MY KIDS are to teach them to love, respect and accept everyone, no matter what.  I can't change the world or the people in it, but I can influence both my girls to be strong and respectful and live their lives to the fullest, and never let anyone stand in their way!  They both were meant to be here, on this planet, and they both deserve to be here.  I hope that together we can all make a difference in this world, that it's okay to be different, whatever that means, and that is what will make our world perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment