Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How Do I Talk About Down Syndrome?

I came across another blog last week that I really like, Bill and Ria, and when I read it for the first time she had a link to this website, How Do I Talk About Down Syndrome, and it gives some really good information about good words to use and big no-no words that you should not use.  I know that I have used inappropriate words in the past not really knowing how hurtful they can be perceived by someone who has a child with special needs and I think that it is important for all of us who love and care about Sophia to educate ourselves and show our children, as well as others that words can hurt.  I hope that you will all take a moment to read this short 2 page brochure, I think that you will find it very educating :)
upsfordowns.org/libraries/documents/how_do_i_talk.sflb.ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment