Monday, August 22, 2011

FIVE



Tuesday, August 22, 2006, five years ago today, at 1:50 in the afternoon, one of the most beautiful baby girls was born, and she completely stole my heart.  I can't believe that my baby, my first born, is turning 5 today.  She made me a mommy 5 years ago today, and because of her, my life has never been the same.  Thank you so much Jayden Marie!

Jayden, there are so many wonderful memories I have of your life over the past 5 years, that I can remember like they just happened yesterday.  Of course I remember the day you were born, which is embedded not only in my head, but forever in my heart.  I can remember bringing you home from the hospital and being a nervous wreck on the whole drive home, all 10 miles or less :)  I can remember those sleepless nights in the beginning and how quickly they turned peaceful.  Lucky me right?  I remember giving you baby food for the first time, peaches, and how your tiny body looked in you big highchair and your messy orange face!  I have the picture from that day too :)  I remember coming home from work and Daddy telling me you rolled over for the first time and then you showed me how you did it!  I remember reading books and singing songs each and every day with you.  I remember your first steps solo, right before your first birthday.  I remember sweet conversations, just between you and me, that could go on all day, and still do!  I remember you and me, together, each and every day.  Jayden, you are truly my special little someone.  You are more like me than you can even know right now at 5 years old, but you are also so much growing into your very own little self.  I am proud to call you my daughter and lucky to have you as my best friend.  You changed me, and because of you, I am forever grateful!  You have turned from a baby, to a toddler, to a very amazing little girl.  I am so blessed to have been a part of all of it, and am excited to see what each new year brings for us!  Watching you grow and become someone that I know is going to do amazing things, is truly magical.  I love you so much Jayden and I wish you nothing but a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment