Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Creed of Babies with Down syndrome

The Creed of Babies with Down Syndrome


My face may be different, but my feelings the same

I laugh and I cry and I take pride in my gains

I was sent here among you, to teach you to love

As God in the heavens, looks down from above

To Him I am no different, his love knows no bounds

It's those here among you, in cities and towns

That judge me by standards, that man has imparted

But this family I've chosen, will help me get started

For I'm one of the children, so special and few

That came here to learn, the same lessons as you

That love is acceptance, it comes from the heart

We all have the same purpose, though not from the start

The Lord gave me life, to love and embrace

And I'll do as you do, but at my own pace

- author unknown   

No comments:

Post a Comment