Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day...a day late

"Becoming a mother is one of the most wonderful and most scary things in life!  It makes me appreciate my own mother and all the difficult decisions and sacrifices she made in order to try and give me the best upbringing.  Thank you mom!" - Malin Akerman

Growing up my mom was a pain in my a$$.  Always looking out for me and telling me what to do and not do.  Always thinking that she knew best just because she was my mom.  She worried about me all the time, even though I totally knew what I was doing and always had everything in my life under control.  She'd always hug on me and tell me she loved me, even at the most embarassing times.  She always wanted to sit down and talk and nose into my business.  Sometimes I felt like I just couldn't get away from her and her hovering ways......And now, I get it. 

If I thought my mom was a pain in the a$$ growing up, my kids don't even know what they are in for!  I love my girls more than anything or anyone else in this world.  They mean everything to me.  Even though I know that I can't protect them from everything out in this big world, I sure want to try.  I want to be there for them, always.  Even when they think they don't need me.  I want to know what is happening in their lives and be someone they can turn to and talk to about anything.  I want my kids to know that I love them, unconditionally, no strings attached.  I want my kids to look back in 30 years and say, "now I get it."

"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." -Abraham Lincoln

I remember growing up and watching movies on Lifetime with my mom and just watching her bawling her eyes out and thinking, "what in the world is wrong with her?  It's just a movie!"  And now, I do the same things.  To see the hurt and pain that people experience every day, really hits home as a mother.  You look at things and think, "what if that happened to my kid, what would I do?"  or "what if that happened to me, what would happen to my kids?"  Every decision you make no longer affects just you, it affects other people.  Little people that you have such high hopes and dreams for.  Little people that you only want to do the best by.  Little people who are counting on you to make sure that they are happy and healthy and grow up to do something wonderful with their lives.  It's not just about you anymore.  When you step into that role as "mom", it's all about someone else. 

"A mother's heart is a patchwork of love."

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a human being to do the impossible." -Marion C. Garretty  

After having children of my own, I love my own mother in a way that I never had before.  I know now, that no matter how old and wise (HaHa) I get, my mother is always going to look out for my best interests.  She will love me and mother me till the day she dies.  Because that's what mom's do.  They love their children, through and through, forever. 

"A mother holds her children's hand for a while....their hearts forever."

"A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go."

I can always feel my mother's arms around me and her kiss on my check.  I just know that she is always here with me, even when I can't physically be with her.  I love you mom!  I hope that your Mother's Day was great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment