Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Heaven is the real deal

I just recently finished reading, Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo (with Lynn Vincent.)  It was AMAZING!  I first heard about this story a few weeks ago on the Today Show and after mentioning it to my mother-in-law, I found out she had the book and decided to read it.  In case you haven't heard of this story, it's about a then 3 year old little boy who made it through an emergency appendectomy and experienced Heaven while he was being operated on.  His story unfolds to his family slowly, months, even years pass before his story becomes public and I can say that if I ever had doubt in my mind that Heaven TRULY exsisted, I certainly don't now. 

I don't consider myself a super religious person.  I hate to admit it, but I haven't really attended a church since I was in high school and I used to go to mass with my dad.  But I have always believed in God and Jesus and Heaven and miracles and treating others the way that you would want to be treated.  I believe that after you die, your spirit goes up to Heaven, and one day I will be reunited with the ones I love, who have passed before me.  I believed that, I do believe that.  But after reading this book, and hearing this little boy's story, told by his father, I truly believe that.  Not just because it's what I've always known, what I've always been told, but because something about this story just made it so much more real for me.  It kind of sounds silly writing it down.  I mean now I truly believe in Heaven because some little boy told his father that he went to Heaven for 3 minutes while he was undergoing an emergency appendectomy, and now I'm a true believer of Heaven?  No.  But somehow this book just put a sparkle in my eyes about what Heaven is like and how amazing it will be one day. 

If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it!  It's a super quick and easy read and it may just put a sparkle in your eyes too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment