Thursday, July 28, 2011

Can't live with them, Can't live without them

Our house is LOUD!  It's CRAZY!  Most days, it gives me a HEADACHE!  But then I have days, which are very few and far between, where it's quiet and calm and nothing much is going on, and I think how much I miss the LOUD and the CRAZY, and maybe not so much the HEADACHE.  I'm having one of those days.  Where I guess I don't totally miss all the chaos, but the little person that makes up the chaos :)  My big kid is gone today, off having fun at her grandma and grandpa's and I am missing her.  She is my right hand girl, or boy if you asked her!  She brings so much life and excitment to our house.  There is never a dull moment, or a moment of silence, when she is around.  And right now, I am missing that. 

I've recently taken it upon myself to start giving myself a "Mom's Night Out" every once in awhile.  I think I deserve it.  And it's wonderful to take a few hours every now and then to connect with friends, with no kids around, and just talk about real life and grown up stuff.  I always miss my kids when I go out, and wonder what they are at home doing and a piece of me always feels like I am missing out on something special with them, just because I FEEL like I need a little me time.  But I've been realizing over the past few months that I do NEED a little me time every now and then.  It refuels me to an extent.  It gives me just what I need to go back home and be a better mommy. 

I guess being away from my kids and missing them is always a good thing, as long as it happens in small doeses.  When you are with someone 24/7, you sometimes forget just how great you have it, until you don't have it.  It makes you appreciate the one's you love more.  It makes you realize that there is no other way you would rather live your life, than how you are living it right now.  My kids are definitely my life, and I'm not so sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing?  Right now, I would have to say it's an awesome thing.  They are little, and they still need me, and they still want me, well most of the time, and I just wouldn't want it any other way.  Just when I think I can't live with them anymore, :)  I realize that I totally couldn't live without them!  Oh, I love those little people SO MUCH!!!!          

No comments:

Post a Comment