Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inspiring things I've read about Down syndrome: Part Four

"This is what I have always wanted for him: Acceptance." -Nicoi

""And her love was completely unconditional-the kind of love that says, 'you are good enough, just the way you are.'" -Janis

"I had all these views of Down syndrome based on outdated studies and people that had not been blessed with all of the opportunities available today." -Katy

"Celebrate what you ARE doing.  Instead of mapping out your path, we join you on your journey." -a dad writing to his daughter

"Inclusion always seemed to be a fight, but the more we fought for it, the more the school administration realized its benefits-not only for Alex, but for all the students." -Nicoi

"I'm learning to avoid setting my sights too high, but refusing to set them too low." -Nicoi

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (spirit)." -1 Samuel 16:7b

"...But when I looked at him, I saw perfection." -Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment