Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspiring things I've read about Down syndrome: Part Three

"We have an appreciation for a slower pace, we take greater delight in each small step.  And we have a newfound understanding of the preciousness of all people." -Valle

"We no longer wonder if people can 'tell' (it just doesn't matter to us anymore) and are even surprised when someone recognizes the fact that Matthew has Down syndrome." -Michelle

"I learned to enjoy him as a baby first, and loved every milestone he met, no matter how long it took to get there." -Peggy

"Meeting other children and adults who have an extra chromosome, I understand that Liam is not alone in his beginning, but part of a community of unique individuals who are continuing to prove that they are more like everyone else then different from them." -Renee

"Ironically, my biggest fear has become my biggest joy." -Katy

"My life was normal before I had Nolan, and I've come to realize that it is still normal today.  The only difference is that now I have new dreams." -Catherine

"Cariana showed me that merely seeing an analysis of someone's chromosomes tells you next to nothing about the person herself, and that the most important questions can never be answered by a blood test.  No test can tell us who our children will be, or what gifts each child might bring into the world." -Janis

"...I could never have predicted that this amazing little girl with Down syndrome would turn out to be the best teacher I ever had." -Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment