Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Miss You

It's hard to believe that it's already been seven years since my dad passed away.  I've always heard people say that things like this get easier with time, but apparently seven years isn't enough time, because every day feels like it was just yesterday that my dad left.  This is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life so far.  It was quick and unexpected and I wasn't prepared in any way at all and even to this day it has left a huge hole in my heart that just won't mend.  I love him so much and I miss him terribly.  My life was just about to begin when my dad passed away.  I was 4 months away from getting married and two short years away from starting a family.  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and that our lives are already planned out for us before we are even born.  But regardless, it hurts so bad that my dad was taken away before all the fun really began.  He was an amazing father and I just know that he would have been an extra amazing Papaw!  I wish that I could go back to the last 6 months of his life and be with him more and tell him that I loved him more and say all the things that needed to be said and non of the things that were of no importance.  But I can't go back and I just have to hope that he knew how much I loved him and how important he was to me.  I think about my dad every single day and I pray that he looks down on me and my family each and every day as well.  I always like to think that my girls have their own special guardian angel up in heaven looking down on their every move and loving and protecting them every second of every day.  There are so many things I would change if I could.  There are a million more hugs, kisses and I love you's I would give, but the reality is, I can't.  This day has haunted me for the past seven years and I know that it will continue to weigh heavy on my heart for a very long time.  But I continue to move on with my life and make memorable moments with my girls like my dad made for me.  Daddy, I miss you terribly and I love you whole heartedly.  You will be a part of me forever, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment