Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday

May 6, 1943, one of the best men I know was born and I am so proud to be able to call him my dad.  When I think about my dad I think about a devoted Catholic man.  I think about someone who would do anything for his children and worked hard to help provide them with everything they needed.  I think about hugs and kisses and I love you's.  I think about weekends spent together and the loudest cheerleader I had at all my sports games.  I think about a man that was compassionate and kind and cared about people, all people.  I think about a man with a childlike spirit and Christmas and that silly Santa hat that he always wore. :)  I also think about family trips and reunions.  Bike rides and card games.  Church on Sundays.  And of course when I think about my dad I HAVE to think about IU basketball, BINGO, beer and cigars :)  I wish that my dad were here today so we could celebrate his amazing life together.  I know that he is in a better place today looking down on me and my family and all I want to say to him today is, Happy Birthday Dad, I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment