Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jayden's First Day at School!







Jayden was more prepared for this whole preschool thing than I ever thought she was! She got up this morning and knew just what she need to do, eat breakfast, brush her teeth, get dressed and go to school, and she did just that! I walked her into school today, we can just drive up to the front door and someone will come and take them out of the car and walk them inside to their room, which will be wonderful when gets cold or rains. But for the first day I wanted to take her in. She went right in again, with her backpack on and met her teacher, found her cubby to put her stuff in and then went to find her name on the table so she would know where to sit. I watched for a minute and then she caught my eye and I decided I better go, so I waved bye and said I'd be back and she waved and that was it. Sophia and I went back to the car and I cried on the way home. I thought this was going to be a hard transition on Jayden, not ME! I felt like I just left my little girl all alone for the first time and I had no control over anything that was going to happen to her for the next 2 1/2 hrs. Then when I went back to pick her up, and she was waiting by the door with the teacher, all I could see was her big smile and I knew everything had been okay. She was so excited about her morning and had stories to tell about new friends she'd made, but couldn't remember their names :) and playing on the playground and some little girl hurting her arm on the playground and how she cried. Then about the bathrooms and snack and sitting on the rug and little kids not listening at times. But she said that she listened to the teacher even when some of the other kids weren't :) That's my girl! She can't wait to go back tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and the next day........ I'm so happy that she loves it and it was nice having a little time with just Sophia today and a little time all by myself after Sophia's nurse showed up. Jayden has jumped in with both feet and I am so happy about that, but me on the other hand, I'm taking baby steps right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment