Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ssshh

I'm sitting in my home, in complete silence.  Something I've done most of the day.  I can't remember the last time it was this quiet and peaceful.  The longer I sit the more I realize I miss the noise.  It's just not normal for things to be....this quiet.  But I definitely needed this time alone.  I needed to regroup.  Take a little time for myself, to refocus and get a little bit of my sanity back :) 

I feel like every day is just another day of going through the motions.  We wake up and I get breakfast.  We play, we fight, I clean up messes.  I get lunch.  We play, we fight, I clean up more messes.  I fix supper.  We play, we fight, we get baths, I clean up more messes.  Then, if we're lucky, we get to sit down, relax, and enjoy each other.....if we're lucky. 

Like so many parents I'm sure, I've dedicated my summer to making sure my kids have the most fun they possibly can.  I am always trying to think of new things for us to do, scheduling play dates so that they have a friend around to have fun with, because we all know siblings aren't any fun to play with!  At least not in my house!  I wake up, or get woke up, every morning and am instantly in charge of entertainment.  Meaning, I am THEIR entertainment.  It's a lot of work entertaining an almost 7 year old and a 4 year old, who don't ever seem to enjoy the other ones company.  But that's parenting, right?  I'm definitely not trying to say I'm the only burnt out mom who needs a break!  We all need a break from time to time, or else we might end up breaking. 

I'm so thankful that we have people in our lives to take the weight off our shoulders every now and then.  It's good for us, and our kids too!  I know they are having a blast this weekend and I'm just about ready to get my feet wet again and see my beautiful girls, who I love so much!















No comments:

Post a Comment