Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update, Update, Read all about us!

`My head hurts, every part of my body is sore and I feel like I could use a Mt. Dew IV to get me through the rest of today.  But, the sun is out and it's bright and cheery and warm to the skin, and that makes everything seem a little better. 

We are closing in on Randy's 7 weeks of working almost every day, 10-12 hours each day.  Although the money has been very nice and helpful, it really sucks not having him home every night for supper and in the evenings and on the weekends.  My life revolves around my family and all of us doing things together, so when someone is missing it really takes a toll on everyone.  I know Randy has been just as exhausted as me, but even the girls have gotten themselves down in the dumps on several occasions, because they just miss their daddy.  But starting this weekend, things should return to normal, and I think we're all happy about that!!  Of course that padded paycheck will be missed, but having our family back together on a regular basis is far more important. 

Jayden is a busy little 5 year old these days too.  She just recently finished up her first year of soccer and she did awesome and loved it!  She's into t-ball right now and just had her first game this past Tuesday and her second game is tonight.  She is definitely my little sports girl.  Last week was kindergarten registration and things are falling right into place for my little girl to start elementary school in the fall!!!  I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since she was born :(  She is still loving preschool and enjoys going each and every day.  She is learning so much and according to her teacher, she is a pure joy to have in her class.  That makes me smile, but it also makes me wonder why I can't get some of that joy at home :)  Yesterday we got Jayden's preschool pictures back to look at, and they had a packet of her in a cap and gown, it melted my heart to see.  Jayden is my mini me, in every single way.  I look at her and I see myself.  On one hand that obviously makes me so happy, but then again it scares the sh*t out of me too!!  I'm in for so much trouble and at 5 years old, it has only just begun. 

Sophia is doing awesome as well and taking her toddler responsibilities very seriously.  She is on the go from sun up to sun down, or until I have to strap her down in her highchair or stroller from her causing me pure exhaustion.  She is getting a little taller each and every day, which means that each day there is a new height of stuff that she can reach and tear down, pull down, or dump over.  She has a way of driving me almost off the cliff and then at the last moment she flashes that little "I'm so freakin cute, how can you not just wanna love me to pieces" smile and immediately it's all good again, at least for the next 2-3 minutes :)  We are also in the process of getting Sophia signed up for preschool in the fall!  We've been through one evaluation and we are getting ready to go next week and meet her teacher that will be so blessed to have her!  All I can say is, that woman is going to have her hands full with my little firecracker :)  As much as I can't believe Jayden is about to turn 6 and will be starting kindergarten, I am still a little in denial that Sophia is turning 3 in about 6 weeks and will be going to preschool!!!!  It just can't be.  I see her changing and growing every day, and the progress that she has made, on so many different levels, just amazes me.  Anything is possible in life, and my little Sophia has made me a true believer of that! 

As for me, well I've been doing the only thing I feel like I really know how to do and that's taking care of my family.  It's hard and it's stressful and some days it's the last thing I want to do, but I honestly love it and I wouldn't change it if I could.  Randy and I have started a workout program this week, which is why I'm extremely sore today, and I'm not sure how long it's going to last :) but for the moment I'm going to give it my best shot and we'll see what happens.  Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks, and usually I don't think about myself and what I'm going to do, but this year, I'm planning a big day for myself!  I have gift cards for a mani/pedi and a stress relief massage (and boy do I need that!), and my hair is a horrible mess and could use some tending to and I'm going to take care of business.  As hard as my husband has been working, it's just time he get some quality time with his girls and this mama is going to get some quality time of her own!    I hope everyone is having a happy Thursday and I'll be back with some t-ball pictures from Jayden's first week of games! 

No comments:

Post a Comment